This week has seen a raft of benefit cuts strike fear into most non-gated communities across the UK. £18.5bn has mercilessly been shaved off everything, from a freeze on job seekers to a spare limb tax for orphans and the elderly.
So, now that the most vulnerable among us are shaking the shackles of a burdensome and cumbersome safety net, let's take a look at the radical steps the Government has put in place during this budget to resurrect working Britain and have us small employers swing our doors wide open to the now shivering, hungry job seeking masses:
- Fuel tax has been frozen. From September there was a planned rise in tax but this has been abandoned. It's a genuine relief to everyone that the continued petrol price rises are due to a weak pound (against the dollar) and the mercy of supermarket profit margins. Phew!
- £2,000 annual employment allowance - This means that the Government will cover your first £2000 of NI contributions annually. All joking aside this is a great offer and I used a similar 'holiday' when starting to expand WMC Training. Quite a nice surprise for me to see and very welcome. Thank you.
I don't think I am overlooking anything here - maybe a short, blink and you'll miss it stutter about Co2 or something, something else about corporation tax for larger companies going to 20%. Oh, and a carefully worded, self-conscious bit about tax avoidance, treacle dipped for those fickle, hesitant foreign investors (think over zealous weather girl employed to tell you your 'something for nothing' benefits have been stopped).Apart from that I think I've covered everything.
So, not exactly a Platinum standard package there to inspire you to recruit and grow your business despite your possible desire/need to do so.
But there is another way forward that offers you low risk, high returns and which brings unrivaled value for cautious, steady staff recruitment and growth. Its available to you right now and has been all along.
I am of course rose-tinting the Apprenticeship scheme. It's nothing new but it offers excellent value and will give your business a great edge, a positive experience and a lovely warm glow.
As above I've outlined below the benefits to this scheme minus the childish sarcasm. You really have little to lose and lots to gain, including:
- Full skills match - there are 1 million unemployed young people aged 16 - 24 to choose from (many who are eligible for but cannot afford to stay in education or progress to University) and we can provide you the very best for your business.
- Fixed term - you decide if you want to salary and keep your apprentice up to one year after they start with you.
- £2.65 per hour - that is all you need to pay your Apprentice. Think of it as a paid alternative to college for them.
- Fully supported, fully trained - you and your apprentice will be fully supported through the scheme by qualified assessors and case managers to deliver a nationally accredited qualification.
And that's it. That's the deal. I am biased of course, I've made a career out of championing young people and presenting them to businesses like yours.
It's a privilege, and we are confident it will be a great success for your organisation, to find you the very best person for your vacancy and grow your business carefully and from the bottom up.And we can do that with no risk to you.
For more details on the best employment strategy in town please call me on: 077654 08 523 direct,
and I will be delighted to speak with you.
Alternatively visit: www.wmctraining.co.uk
Many thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you.